cum textu psalmorum e Vulgata Bibliorum Editione (with text of the Psalms of the Bible Edition from the Vulgate)
YOUR TOTAL WILL BE ADJUSTED WHEN YOUR ORDER IS PROCESSED
No costs or efforts were spared in the production of these beautiful and precious books. Our edition of the Breviary finally incorporates all that could and should have been included in any edition in 1962.
- Imprimatur according to canon 826 II CIC by his Excellency Bishop Gregor Maria Hanke, O.S.B.
- New edition, not a reprint, complete new arrangement of the texts in the classical order.
- Whole text set in the traditional 2 columns, as in liturgical books, in Latin only.
- In 2 volumes, according to the rubrics promulgated by the Blessed Pope John XXIII, approximately 4 ˝” x 7”
- Quality cream colored bible paper. Today there are only a handful of printers able to produce a bicolor printing with such fine paper and still be able to fold and crease the sheets. It is similar in its weight and color to quality paper generally used by liturgical publishers of the past.
- The cover is made of relatively smooth flexible leather, as flexible as were earlier Breviaries. In addition we set special value on the feature that after flipping the book open, the volume in fact stays open. The spine will have embossed lettering in gold, with blind embossing around the entire cover.
- Rounded corners prevents wrinkling, creasing or any other damage to the beautiful bible paper. These volumes have gold edges on all three sides. Also, rare these days we feature 6 ribbon markers, each affixed in a different spot at the head of the book. This must be done by hand since modern bookbinding machines can only affix two ribbons at a time and only in the same place. Our bookbinders are unique in this present time in offering this feature.
- Including illustrations for the most important feasts and some vignettes.
You will also receive the Propria Officia(USA), Pocket Guide for the Recitation of the Divine Office and
Four Prayer Cards for each volume:
For Volume I: i. Te Deum, Benedictus, Magnificat and Antiphonae finales B. Mariae Virg. ii. Absolutiones et Benedictiones (in officio trium et in officio novem lectionum) iii. Psalmi ad Laudes pro festis iv. Anitphonae maiores O (for the advent) and the texts ‘Infra Octavam Paschae’ (Antiphonae ad Bened. Et ad Magnif. + Oratio)
For Volume II: i. Te Deum, Benedictus, Magnificat and Antiphonae finales B. Mariae Virg. (and the beginning of the Orationes Dominicarum) ii. Absolutiones et Benedictiones (in officio trium et in officio novem lectionum) iii. Psalmi ad Laudes pro festis iv. Orationes Dominicarum (the orationes for the weeks after Pentecost)